Saturday, October 12, 2013

Steampunk Bracelet Tutorial!

Being a nerd today (as always) and wearing my Dr.Who Tardis shirt! My friend is going as 4 for Halloween- he's got the scarf and everything (I've got great friends) It's finally cooling down over here and my windows are open letting in that delicious smell of autumn! Work on my scarf is going good, I'm thinking of adding a checker or stripe pattering with a puff stitch (I crochet) or possibly a chevron pattern. I'm thinking of trying glass etching later today, or I may dye some more paper... I'm gonna try food coloring... hmm. What do you think?

So anyways, all of you (as in the one reader of this blog) asked about my bracelet from the last tutorial! I love that bracelet and have been wearing it a ton lately! The best part is that it takes (again) 5 minutes to make!

I bought the gears at Michael's and you hopefully already have the leather cord from Michael's from the last tutorial, if not, bring about $15 to your next Michael's trip because A) they have a TON of awesome stuff and B) It's all really expensive so you should bring extra (that's part of the 15) in case you see something you like.

So one you have the
Materials:
Leather Cord
Gears

You need to:
Measure your wrist, then add about 2 inches to tie it off (if that's too much you can cut it off later)
Pick out the gears you like and I dunno if you can see from the picture but there's holes on the side and in the middle, just thread them through there! You want the not-circular-gears on the end so you can thread the end pieces through the holes before tying them off. It's more secure.

Sorry about the quality of the picture by the way,
Tie it off and your done! Remember to leave excess cord so that you can tighten it when needed!
Heads up, I have a Pintrest board, it'd be cool if you guys could check it out! It's got a ton of food, nerdery, inspirations for future projects, and tutorials and tips! http://www.pinterest.com/draconaspark/boards/

Tata expect another post in about 5 minutes!
Cheers Mates!
~S


No comments:

Post a Comment