Friday, October 11, 2013

5 Minute Rings!

So these literally take 5 minutes or less to make, possibly more depending on how nitpicky you are, this is my first tutorial ever that I genuinely did myself so I'm feeling paranoid/excited/a tad bit scared right now! Mostly I'm paranoid because I'm just paranoid (mildly) though... I meant to be doing the nerdfighter sign (FTW) but I forgot in the middle of taking the picture with my foot....

On to the tutorial!
You will need:
1 Hot glue gun!
2 (or one, or however many rings you're going to make) ring bases! These can be found cheap in craft/jewelry stores. As in 2-5 bucks (as a whole jewelry kit)
2 (or however many) flat backed vase marbles (these can be found for 3 bucks a bag at Micheal's, I have a pale and bright blue)
1 Spool of leather cord (slightly more expensive, also at Michael's around $9 for a full spool)
Scissors 

How to do it! 
First unwrap a length of leather cord and measure around the ring (band) except for the base where your marble is going to go.

Clip off however much you need

Put hot glue on the ring band and quickly stick the leather on. The metal and glue may burn but you kinda just have to get it done. (Sowwy)

Check that the leather band is where you want it. Hold it for a few seconds till the glue sets and clean up the extra strands. Clear away the bits hanging off the edge, but make sure you don't pull the glue out from under the band! You can use scissors for this part if you want. 

I added another line of glue along the sides and two blobs of it at the end of the leather to keep it secure. The next part is easy, blob a nice fat blob of glue onto the base and stick the flat side of the marble on!

Clean up accordingly, and remember to let the hot glue gun cool down! AND NOW FOR SOME MORE PICTURES!












2 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is awesome. So are the rings, but I'm really liking the bracelet. Not much o fa ring person, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, made it myself! Super easy too, I'll post a tutorial soon!

    ReplyDelete