Monday, October 14, 2013

How to make a Marble Necklace


Mm, autumn is definitely here now! The light has gotten softer and my windows are wide open- I love the smell!



Anyways, here I am again to teach you how to make a marble necklace!
PS HOT GLUE DOESN'T WORK- IT MAKES A HUGE MESS
PPS I FINISHED HOUSE OF HADES *Squee!* I got it yesterday and finished it in about 4 hours

On to the tutorial! Again, hot glue just makes a mess, I ended up using Modge Podge

You will need:
A necklace chain, I'm reusing this cute necklace, I think I'm going to keep the washer things (they've got words on them)
Modge Podge and a brush (remember to wash the modge podge off the brush or it'll seal!)
A ring base (if you did my other DIY's you should have some)
Marbles!
OPTIONAL:
Leather cord to disguise the ring base. I decided against it because I liked the shiny look.

What to do:
Choose a marble

I narrowed it down to these 4 and eventually chose the dark blue one.

Loop the chain through the ring base and center it how you wish, then put the marble in and push so it gets stuck against the chain and ring base

Add Modge Podge around the marble and in the cracks, but try not to get it on the area with the chain or you won't be able to slide it back into position if it gets off-center.

Wait for it to dry and that's pretty much it! You can add what you want around the marble (little charms and stuff)


Here's the final product!

As always, sorry about the photo quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment