Thursday, October 17, 2013

Report on my first Craft Club Meeting and the Power of Garbage Picking (and my Christmas list)

Well, I am now the official founder of craft club and our very first meeting was today! The turn out...
wait for it...
wait for it...
sucked.
Myself and the our librarian who supervises the club showed up. Only. Despite multiple promises. However, she (our librarian) did show me her afghan loom she was knitting on, it was quite interesting and I got some work done on my scarf!

Teachers kept popping in asking to join (heck I'm not turning anyone down!) One guy who was the school photographer promised to teach us how to macrame and another wanted to learn how to crochet and she said she'd teach us how to knit next session! A girl in my class popped in when I was cleaning up and said she'd like to come give it a try, I was rather surprised seeing as how she's a basketball player, though then I realized that really has nothing to do with it....

I found this awesome old-fashion-y coke bottle two trash pits down (it's from 2011 and Spanish, I tried to bring one home from my trip to the Honduras but the security wouldn't let me.... Honestly, the stuff people throw away. That's real glass people! Any idea how to get rid of the label in the middle? I don't think it's a glue on label so there may not be a way.


My Christmas (or possibly earlier than that) List
1. A Pocket watch! I love pocket watches, there are some wicked HP and Steampunk ones on Etsy.
2. A Messenger bag, I have a messenger bag fetish
3. A glass cutter
4. Leather. Lots of leather. I love leather
5. A Metal stamp kit (hammer and pedestal too please?)
6. Michael's Gift Cards (or Home Depot, or Joanne's Fabrics)
7. A set of RP dice, Black, white, plain, elvish, I don't care, I just need me some RP dice! Lost mine.

Honestly this is the largest wish list I've ever had, normally I want one thing, or possibly two, or nothing. Being a rather frugal person I really don't look at what I want and more of what I need. If there's a craft I want to try I'll need the materials, then buy them as cheap as possible (recycling and substituting if I can). This year though.... I still got time so I'll be saving up my allowance to get as many of the items as I can, except for the pocket watch and gift cards and messenger bag- those stay as wish list only items....

Unless I decide to make my own messenger bag.... Hm....
Cheers Mates!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment